Friday 8 November 2013

Silver Bells

Hi there and happy friday! This week in my craft room I have been playing around with embossing paste which is a new product for me and I love the cool effects that you can make. On my card today I embossed the background using the paste and a stencil that I made just with a die and cardstock - it was all so easy and fun and it gives such a lovely texture too.

Thanks for your visit & happy crafting xx

Addicted to stamps & more - This is the beautiful picture that inspired my card





Simon's wednesday challenge - The theme this week is clean & simple





Annabelle's challenge - Christmas (my 3rd entry....love these stamps!)









Supplies: Annabelle's stamps - Decorated christmas & dies, Simon says stamp - star border die, studio 490 embossing paste, Mft support hope die, Ali edwards - be jolly

15 comments:

shirley-bee said...

Ooh, this is gorgeous, Karen! Love that textured background.

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning! I love the textured stars and the dimension in the pretty baubles. Love your take on the inspiration photo. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

stressfreestamping said...

Beautiful card! I love the dry embossed background and your ornaments are just lovely! Thanks for playing at ATSM. :)

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous cas card Karen and fab baubles.
Lorraine x

Nonni said...

Oh Karen, this is so stunning! Beautiful CAS design and I love the baubles. The silver and blue colors look so great together. Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM!

lostinpaper said...

Embossing paste is addictive, beware....lol. Love your sweet cas design for Christmas Karen!
Thanks so much for sharing at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Loll said...

So pretty Karen. I'm loving the embossing paste stenciling you're doing. I have some and should give it a try! Love your beautiful baubles. Loll xx

Andrea said...

Simply beautiful Karen! Love silver, blue and white it's always so pretty!
TFS with us this month :)
Andrea

Barb Ghig said...

Such a stunning card, Karen! I love how you used the embossing paste and added dimension to your card with the ornaments! Really beautiful take on the challenge!

Deepti Stephens said...

Wow! Simply stunning! Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

So so pretty.

cheiron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cheiron said...

Simple, sweet and love the texture of the embossing paste. Thanks for playing along with the Clean and Simple challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

A Consuming Passion said...

another fabulous card following the Annabelle guidelines Karen. thanks for playing along.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Karen, this is gorgeous and stunning!! Great balance. TFS and joining in at Annabelle Stamps.