Sunday 20 July 2014

Spots and Dots

Hi again! A few challenges have inspired my card today but the main design comes from the gorgeous case study card by the very talented Shari Carroll - I love the way she can group little elements together and made her cards look amazing.

My card is a fairly simple design but it has been going round on my desk for a few days...with a bit of playing around it finally came together once I decided to do an embossed background to add a bit more interest.

Thanks for coming by my blog today xx

My Card:


I'd like to enter into the following challenges:

Case Study - 200th Challenge - Here is Shari's beautiful card to inspire us


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Spots & Dots


Time Out Challenge - We have this gorgeous picture to inspire us


Addicted to Stamps & More - It's Cas week (my second entry)

Supplies: Hero arts stamp Lattice background, Memory box pop dots stencil, Mama elephant smitten stamp set, Little B heart dies, Distress inks - peacock feathers, picked raspberry & mustard seed

10 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Karen, gorgeous card, I love the stamped background, so subtle but the stencilled dots really highlight it. Great take on these challenges, Cathy x

sandie said...

Hi Karen, this is fab, I especially like the strong black heart with all these soft colours. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT challenges and ATSM

cm said...

Hi again Karen - your card is ever so pretty! The black heart complements the pastel colours you've paired it with. The dots over the embossing: brilliant! Thank you for sharing at ATSM!
~c

Wei Wei said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the color and image you used. Thank you for sharing at ATSM!

Deepti said...

wow this is gorgeous !

Unknown said...

Oh it's looove! Colors, details, background! So much harmony in your card! Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

~amy~ said...

Your card is quite wonderful!
Thanks for joining us at Case Study!

Gerrina said...

Those big dots are so beautiful! And the way you combined the elements looks perfect! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

Jingle said...

This is beautiful! That background is just awesome!!! I love it! Thanks so much for joining us for the Spots and Dots challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Stunning! I love your beautiful layered stamping!